Universal has confirmed that it is preparing a planning application for its proposed new theme park in Bedfordshire.
Universal Destinations & Experiences (UDX) said that it was “carefully considering” feedback received during as recent public consultation.
That month-long consultation process ended on Friday.
“Whilst we still haven’t made any final decisions on whether or not to proceed with the project, we have spent the past several months undertaking feasibility and due diligence work,” UDX said.
The Comcast-owned business added that it had consulted “local and national” stakeholders and local communities on the plans.
“We are now carefully considering the feedback we received during the engagement period and preparing our planning submission,” UDX added.
Lucy Frazer, Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, is sponsoring the proposed theme park within the UK government.
The government could decide on the project instead of local authorities, if the theme park is categorised as a special development order (SDO).
Unconfirmed reports emerged late last year of a planning application being expected at some point in 2024.
