After a late start, an extended theme park season has enabled many of you to get out and about with your cameras and smartphones – and we are looking to name one of you our Photographer of the Year.
The competition is simple – you submit to us a single theme/amusement park, fairground or ride image, taken in the United Kingdom at any point during 2021, and we will select a winner.
The winner will also be entered into our Hall of Fame, where someone will be listed as our eighth winner.
The past seven years of the competition have seen numerous some very high quality entries (not least winners), and we are hoping that 2021 will see that continue.
To be in with a chance of winning, simply email your photograph to us by clicking below, noting the rules, terms and conditions of the competition. Don’t forget to include your full name!
Please use our contact form if you have any questions regarding the competition.
RULES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Strictly one entry per person.
- Images must not be digitally enhanced or manipulated via filtering, or any other method deemed as being against the spirit of the competition. The Editor will have absolute discretion in this regard.
- Images may be made black and white if the entrant so desires.
- Images must JPEG/JPG format have a maximum file size of 5 megabytes and minimum of 800 pixels in width.
- The photograph must be your own work, i.e. taken by you, the entrant.
- The photograph must feature a ride located in the United Kingdom at time of taking, or a generalised image taken at a theme park, amusement park, fairground or funfair within the UK.
- Entries from international applicants are welcome, with point 5 above applying.
- Your full name, town and/or county must be included with your email entry. We cannot accept entries under the name of websites, pages, channels or businesses etc.
- By submitting a photograph to us, you agree that it may be used on our website, social media presences or other material for non-financially-profiting reasons at any time following submission.
- Entries close at 12:00 GMT on 24 December 2021.
- The winner will be decided by a panel assembled by RideRater, and chaired by the Editor.