Merlin Entertainments will offer its annual pass for £105 in its traditional post-Christmas sale starting tomorrow.
The price represents a £54 (34%) saving on the price of a new ‘standard’ annual pass, whose price has been frozen at £159 for 2014.
Merlin will offer its ‘premium’ annual pass for £125, which is £74 (37%) cheaper than its new usual price of £199 – which has risen by £4 for 2014.
Existing pass holders are able to renew at the sale prices for both passes.
Changes to the terms and conditions of both annual passes have been subject to review and it is understood that the premium annual pass will feature additional extra benefits over the standard variant.
In an email sent to existing pass holders on Sunday, Merlin described the premium pass as coming with a new ‘Privilege Pack’, which is described as containing:
– A Special Premium lanyard
– A £5 Fastrack voucher for Chessington World of Adventures Resort
– A £5 Fastrack voucher for THORPE PARK
– A £5 Fastrack voucher for Alton Towers Resort
– Birthday club vouchers (bring three friends along to celebrate your birthday for just £10 per person)
– A kids eat free voucher for LEGOLAND Windsor Resort
– A Premium Pass guide (some useful hints and tips to help you get the most out of your year)
Free car parking is to remain a feature of the premium pass, and this year the company will post passes to the purchaser free of charge.
Full details of the changes to both types of pass will be released tomorrow, when the sale is launched.
Merlin will also launch a £500 ‘VIP’ annual pass in March 2014, with 1,000 being available.
The company has been conducting market research on the prospect for some time, and it is widely expected that ‘all-day’ dining and fastrack offerings will feature.