In-brief updates of UK theme park stories reaching our news desk.
4 September 2020
- Merlin Entertainments is removing the £1 pre-booking charge for holders of its season and annual passes. The changes take effect from 8 September.
9 August 2020
- The last remaining operational remnant of the Pleasure Island theme park in Cleethorpes has now closed. The McCormack’s family showbar will not re-open following several months of closure.
5 July 2020
- Alton Towers has apologised to guests after high winds and “teething problems” affected its ride and area offerings this weekend. The park is offering guests a free return visit.
25 April 2020
- The chief executive of the proposed London Resort complex in Kent has recovered from COVID-19. Project managers has insisted that the concept is still continuing as planned | Kent Online
- Merlin Entertainments said that the potential for a prolonged closure of its attractions because of the COVID-19 crisis could cast “material uncertainty” over its ability to continue as a going concern | The Times
14 February 2020
- Flamingo Land’s forthcoming 10-invresion rollercoaster will feature the lap-bar model trains by manufacturer Intamin. The trains have been photographed on site in recent days.
5 February 2020
- Alton Towers’ on-the-day admission price has increased by £2 to £58 for the 2020 season.
28 January 2020
- Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach’s website lists a new ride for 2020 under the name of ‘Lightning 360’. It will have a 1.3-metre height restriction, but no further details have yet been revealed.
13 January 2020
- Drayton Manor held an invitation-only auction on site on Sunday, which saw various items from the former Pirate Adventure dark ride sold off. A number of other items including ride parts were also auctioned.
7 January 2020
- The company behind the proposed London Resort theme park in Kent has recorded debts of £55 million since its incorporation in 2011, government documents show | Evening Standard