In-brief updates of UK theme park stories reaching our news desk.
6 January 2017
- Dreamland Margate has been given permission to borrow up to £10 million from an offshore hedge-fund. BBC News
1 January 2017
- Chessington World of adventures has confirmed that the Bubbleworks ride will be reopen as the Gruffalo River Ride in March this year.
31 December 2016
- Alton Towers has confirmed that it will begin its 2017 main season on 25 March.
- Drayton Manor chief executive Colin Bryan has been named in the New Year Honours, and is set to receive an OBE for charity work and services to tourism.
- The Merlin Annual Pass will once again be offered at a reduced price in a January sale beginning on New Year’s Day. The sale price in this year’s promotion has not yet been revealed.