In-brief updates of UK theme park stories reaching our news desk.
30 June 2018
- Merlin Entertainments has submitted a UK trademark application for ‘Stargazing Pods’. It is expected to be the name of glass-roofed accommodation units being added at one or more of its UK theme parks in future.
7 May 2018
- Flamingo Land has submitted a planning permission application to build a £30 million resort on the banks of Loch Lomond in Scotland. Daily Record
23 January 2018
- Thorpe Park will open Derren Brown’s Ghost Train and other “actor-led” attractions at midday during the 2018 season.
- The Loggers Leap flume ride will also remain closed throughout this year.
13 January 2018
- Drayton Manor has removed its cable car ride, including all supports.
7 January 2018
- Alton Towers has launched a £55 season pass for the 2018 season. It will allow early ride time, but excludes peak summer weekends, Scarefest, Fireworks and discounts on purchases.
4 December 2017
- Thorpe Park has submitted a planning application to re-theme its X enclosed rollercoaster ride. Plans depict a watch tower and chained-wire fencing to the ride’s exterior, with no changes to the ride hardware planned.
26 November 2017
- Merlin Entertainments faces demotion from the FTSE 100 share index when the London Stock Exchange listings are reshuffled following this Tuesday’s closing share prices.
17 November 2017
- Alton Towers will be closed for 27 term-time weekdays during the 2018 season. Closed days are predominantly Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays in September and October.
16 July 2017
- Car parking at Thorpe Park has increased to £7 per day.
6 January 2017
- Dreamland Margate has been given permission to borrow up to £10 million from an offshore hedge-fund. BBC News