Alton Towers expects to make “60 to 70” redundancies as part of further cost-saving measures following the end of the 2016 season.
The Staffordshire attraction said it was looking to make “further efficiencies” ahead of its reopening in 2017.
98 jobs were lost earlier this year, as the park reset its cost base going into 2016 following the Smiler rollercoaster accident in June last year.
A 30-day consultation period will take begin on Monday, ahead of the latest jobs being lost.
The Stoke Sentinel reported that permanent salaried employees were affected, with the losses affecting “hotel staff, managers and supervisors”.
The newspaper quoted an anonymous staff member as saying: “It’s the timing that’s the worst thing.
“I know they have to make savings, but we’ve all just been working really hard during the fireworks, and then the very next day they tell us this. It’s just before Christmas as well.”
‘Review of operations’
A statement from Alton Towers said that managers have been looking for ways to improve its operating model.
A spokesman said: “A detailed review of operations has been undertaken across the business to seek further efficiencies and increase flexibility.
“As a result of this review, Alton Towers Resort can confirm that it expects to make between 60 to 70 redundancies ahead of the 2017 season.
“Alton Towers will work closely with all those affected in order to support them through the consultation process and any subsequent requirement for alternative employment and job search activities.
The spokesman described the redundancy process as “incredibly difficult” proposal to make, but added that owners were “committed” to the long-term development of the resort.
Cost saving measures made for the 2016 included complete closure of the theme park on selected term-time weekdays, and the mothballing of the Hex, Nemesis Sub-Terra and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory rides.